Did you know you have a superpower? It’s your breath and the way you breathe! In this activity, you and your kid/s will participate in a mindful breathing exercise that will help you both learn how to shift emotional states. Using the concept of space, it explores breath and emotional regulation to help calm high-energy children, or prepare them for a task where they need to focus.
Lesson guides and printables
Learning Outcome 1:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- 1.1 Children feel safe, secure, and supported
- 1.2 Children develop their emerging autonomy, interdependence, resilience and sense of agency
Learning Outcome 3:
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- 3.1 Children become strong in their social and emotional wellbeing
- 3.2 Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
Learning Outcome 5:
- Children are effective communicators
- 5.1 Children interact verbally and nonverbally with others for a range of purposes
- A device for sharing a clip with children
- An indoor or outdoor space to conduct your breathing activity with children
This activity has been developed in partnership with Beata Heymann from Breath Circle.
We also thank the Phillips Foundation and the Thyne Reid Foundation for their continued support.