Students work together as a class to develop a safety code for learning about solid waste.
- recognise that there are some hazards in learning about waste, but students can be safe if they follow some simple rules.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 3 English:
- Learn extended and technical vocabulary and ways of expressing opinion including modal verbs and adverbs (ACELA1484)
Year 3 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS060)
Year 4 English:
- Incorporate new vocabulary from a range of sources into students’ own texts including vocabulary encountered in research (ACELA1498)
Year 4 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS071)
Time required: 48 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – lead class-wide discussion and manage activity.
- Paper and pens
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.