Students will learn about forensic psychology, with a focus on lie detection (including some of the technology used), and eyewitness testimony and its limitations.
- understand the use and importance of forensic psychology
- understand the use of psychology and technology in the detection of lies
- understand what memory is and how it influences eyewitness testimony.
- explain what forensic psychology is and some of the ways it is applied to solving crimes.
Lesson guides and printables
21st Century Skills
This lesson is designed to build students’ competencies in the following skills:
- critical thinking
- ethical understanding
- problem solving
Australian Curriculum content descriptions (v9):
Year 10 Science:
- explain how scientific knowledge is validated and refined, including the role of publication and peer review (AC9S10H01)
- analyse the key factors that contribute to science knowledge and practices being adopted more broadly by society (AC9S10H03)
Time required: 65 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – facilitate class discussion and assistance with practical work required
- a device capable of presenting a video and slide deck to the class
- a willing teacher to take part in the activity
- Real-life CSI slides.
This is an original Cool+ lesson.