In this activity students explore the different types of weather through creating and acting in a class play. They begin the activity by discussing different types of weather and how they different types of weather could be conveyed through movement and sound.
- recognise different types of weather
- understand that weather affects plants, animals and people.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
- Daily and seasonal changes in our environment affect everyday life (ACSSU004)
Year 1 Science:
- Observable changes occur in the sky and landscape (ACSSU019)
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS029)
Year 2 Science:
- Science involves asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE034)
- Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways such as oral and written language, drawing and role play (ACSIS042)
Foundation to Year 2 Drama:
- Explore role and dramatic action in dramatic play, improvisation and process drama (ACADRM027)
Syllabus Outcomes: ST1-4WS, ST1-8ES.
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: High – facilitate discussion, oversee creation and performance of play.
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking, Personal and social capability.
- Students worksheet
- Costumes for play (optional)
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.