Introduces students to energy sources using the colouring-in sheet about energy and the letter ‘E’.
- Students learn that appliances in homes and the classroom have a variety of functions.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 1 Science:
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022)
Year 1 English:
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning about key events, ideas and information in texts that they listen to, view and read by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features (ACELY1660)
Year 2 Science:
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 English:
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to analyse texts by drawing on growing knowledge of context, language and visual features and print and multimodal text structures (ACELY1670)
Time required: 15 mins
Learning areas addressed: English, The Arts (Visual Arts).
- Art and writing materials
- Printed activity sheet
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.