This activity asks students to consider the impacts of pollution on our ocean environments by designing and creating a poster.
- recognise that rubbish is a big problem for underwater biodiversity
- understand that we all have a responsibility in preventing rubbish from going into our oceans.
Lesson guides and printables
Year 3 English:
- Draw connections between personal experiences and the worlds of texts, and share responses with others (ACELT1596)
Year 3 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS060)
Year 4 English:
- Discuss literary experiences with others, sharing responses and expressing a point of view (ACELT1603)
Year 4 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS071)
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking, Personal and social capability.
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium – Assist students in creating posters.
- Art materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.