Kid/s will explore cultural diversity by thinking about how colours make the world a more interesting place. In particular, they explore the differences between skin, hair and eye colours. You and your kid/s will then work together to create self-portraits to celebrate Harmony Week.
Lesson guides and printables
Learning Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- 1.3 Children develop knowledgeable and confident self identities
- 1.4 Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
Learning Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- 2.1 Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
- 2.2 Children respond to diversity with respect
Learning Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- 3.1 Children become strong in their social and emotional wellbeing
Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- 4.1 Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
This activity is a great one to do together as a family.
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures mentioned may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.