Using a choice of complementary communication tools, students design and run a campaign at their school or in their community, promoting energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy. This activity could be done in conjunction with developing an energy reduction school plan.
- identify positive personal behaviours and actions relating to energy and environmental sustainability
- demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively to conduct and complete activity
- plan and participate in school or community activities for sustainable energy use
- communicate effectively in fair and considered class-wide discussion on issues.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 7 Science:
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS133)
Year 7 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, selecting aspects of subject matter and particular language, visual, and audio features to convey information and ideas (ACELY1725)
Year 8 Science:
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS148)
Year 8 English:
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that raise issues, report events and advance opinions, using deliberate language and textual choices, and including digital elements as appropriate (ACELY1736)
Time required: 45+ mins
Homework and extension opportunities: This activity will need to be extended over several lessons.
- Art materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.