This lesson is designed for a flipped classroom, where students learn new content by watching a video in their own time. This strategy provides the opportunity for students to build their knowledge, attitudes and values by themselves, thereby freeing up class time for hands-on work.
- explore a range of waste issues
- build their thinking and questioning skills.
- work independently to think critically and respond to a series of questions.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content description:
This lesson can be aligned with a variety of learning areas and year levels.
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking.
Cross-curriculum priority: Sustainability OI.3, OI.8.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Low – allow students to explore the topic independently.
- Devices with internet access
- One copy of the Student Worksheet for each student.
This lesson is designed to build students’ competencies in the following skills:
- critical thinking
- problem solving