Students explore water plumbing on a home plan. They identify the water usage and locate where they would place a water tank.
- Water outlets can be found at locations where water is needed.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 3 Mathematics:
- Create and interpret simple grid maps to show position and pathways (ACMMG065)
Year 3 Science:
- With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated scientifically and predict what might happen based on prior knowledge (ACSIS053)
Year 4 Mathematics:
- Use simple scales, legends and directions to interpret information contained in basic maps (ACMMG090)
Year 4 Science:
- With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated scientifically and predict what might happen based on prior knowledge (ACSIS064)
Time required: 30 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with understanding the house plan.
- Colour markers
- Printed activity sheet
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.