Students bring together their ideas about how they use electricity and discuss alternatives to this use.
- understand there are some things for which we depend on electricity and for other things we can come up with alternatives.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 1 Science:
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022)
Year 1 English:
- Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagrams (ACELY1661)
Year 2 Science:
- Earth’s resources, including water, are used in a variety of ways (ACSSU032)
- People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Year 2 English:
- Create short imaginative, informative and persuasive texts using growing knowledge of text structures and language features for familiar and some less familiar audiences, selecting print and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1671)
- Printed activity sheet (some students may get through two)
- Writing and colouring materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.