Students will explore the peer review process by reviewing each others’ hoodie designs and prepare to take their designs to other student cohorts, teachers, and other stakeholders in their school community. Students will reflect on the collaborative process on how productive, enjoyable, and connected they felt it was.
- listen to and give feedback on student creative work
- evaluate how well they and their whole class did in terms of achieving their goals.
- demonstrate their ability to pitch their work
- give and accept feedback on creative work.
Lesson guides and printables
21st Century Skills
- Social skills
Australian Curriculum (v9.0) content description: Visual Arts:
- reflect on the way they and other visual artists respond to influences to inspire, develop and resolve choices they make in their own visual arts practice (AC9AVA10D02)
- select and manipulate visual conventions, visual arts processes and/or materials to create artworks that reflect personal expression, and represent and/or challenge, ideas, perspectives and/or meaning (AC9AVA10C02)
- Visual Arts, Representation, Outcome 5.4: Investigate the world as a source of ideas, concepts and subject matter in the visual arts
- Visual Arts, Resolution, Outcome 5.6: Demonstrates developing technical accomplishment and refinement in making artworks
Cross-curriculum priority: Sustainability
Relevant parts of Year 9 & 10 achievement standards: Students can analyse how and why visual conventions, visual arts processes and materials are manipulated in artworks they create and/or experience. Students draw on inspiration from multiple sources to generate and develop ideas for artworks. They document and reflect on their own visual arts practice. They use knowledge of visual conventions, visual arts processes and materials to create artworks that represent and/or communicate ideas, perspectives and/or meaning.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Target 4.1 - By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes.
Target 4.5 - By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations.
Target 4.7 - By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
- Access to internet links embedded in the lessons
- Device capable of presenting audio and video to the class
- Student Worksheets - one copy per student
- Writing materials
In the Making of a Hoodie Podcast, the host, Jack Manning Bancroft, gathers with groups of unlikely connections to dive deep on challenges, topics and issues, explore guest stories and design a hoodie together to collectively represent them.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Medium - Facilitation of class discussion and mediation of peer feedback