Students design water education posters to be displayed in the school. The theme of the poster is living as part of the water cycle with its major focus on using water sustainably.
- identify positive personal behaviours and actions relating to water and environmental sustainability.
- understand how people depend on the water cycle.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 7 Science:
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS133)
Year 7 English:
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that raise issues, report events and advance opinions, using deliberate language and textual choices, and including digital elements as appropriate (ACELY1736)
Year 8 Science:
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS148)
Year 8 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, selecting aspects of subject matter and particular language, visual, and audio features to convey information and ideas (ACELY1725)
Time required: 45+ mins, extra time needed for presenting.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with the design and presentation of posters, find a location in the school or community to present posters.
- Art and writing materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.