Students will create solutions to improving local biodiversity issues by suggesting suitable activities for a Bio-harmony festival. Students will come up with an idea that would improve biodiversity and the quality of life in their community. They will create an advertisement to demonstrate the benefits of their plan.
- describe ideas that will help our community maintain and enhance biodiversity
- build skills in communication.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 9 English:
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that present a point of view and advance or illustrate arguments, including texts that integrate visual, print and/or audio features (ACELY1746)
Year 9 Science:
- Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose, including constructing evidence-based arguments and using appropriate scientific language, conventions and representations (ACSIS174)
- The values and needs of contemporary society can influence the focus of scientific research (ACSHE228)
Year 10 English:
- Create sustained texts, including texts that combine specific digital or media content, for imaginative, informative, or persuasive purposes that reflect upon challenging and complex issues (ACELY1756)
Year 10 Science:
- Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose, including constructing evidence-based arguments and using appropriate scientific language, conventions and representations (ACSIS208)
- The values and needs of contemporary society can influence the focus of scientific research (ACSHE230)
- Computers or writing material (may be a white board or smartboard)
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.