Students create a class mural for their school that features informative but easy tips on what we can all do to reduce waste.
- understand that we can communicate simple waste messages in fun and creative ways.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 5 English:
- Create literary texts using realistic and fantasy settings and characters that draw on the worlds represented in texts students have experienced (ACELT1612)
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audience (ACELY1704)
Year 5 Science:
- Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment (ACSSU043)
Year 6 English:
- Participate in and contribute to discussions, clarifying and interrogating ideas, developing and supporting arguments, sharing and evaluating information, experiences and opinions (ACELY1709)
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, choosing and experimenting with text structures, language features, images and digital resources appropriate to purpose and audience(ACELY1714)
Year 6 Science:
- The growth and survival of living things are affected by the physical conditions of their environment (ACSSU094)
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Low – Assist students with mural.
- Large mural site or paper covered wall
- Arts materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.