Students decide on a project to help their school waste less water. They design and implement their project within a negotiated time frame. They explain what their project is meant to achieve and gather some data to find out if they were successful.
- design and implement a project that helps the school community waste less water
- attempt to evaluate the effectiveness of their project.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 3 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports(ACSIS060)
- Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE051)
Year 4 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports(ACSIS071)
- Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE062)
Syllabus Outcomes: ST2-11LW, ST2-4WS.
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor.
Time required: 60 + mins.
Level of teacher scaffolding: Assist students with project design and evaluation.
- Computer equipment
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.