This activity is designed to help children to tune into each of their senses, their environment and their inner thoughts and feelings. Children develop skills in focus, attention, resilience, emotional intelligence and regulation of the body and emotions.
- This activity has been developed to give children the opportunity to explore activities around mindfulness, nature and personal well being.
Lesson guides and printables
Learning Outcome 1:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- 1.1 Children feel safe, secure, and supported
- 1.2 Children develop their emerging autonomy, interdependence, resilience and sense of agency
- 1.3 Children develop knowledgeable and confident self identities
- 1.4 Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
Learning Outcome 3:
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- 3.2 Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
You don’t need anything for this activity, just somewhere to go for a wander. It could be inside, in your outside play space or in a nearby natural environment. You may, however, wish to use a gentle-sounding bell or triangle as a way of gathering the children’s attention.
- Cool Australia factsheet – The Benefits of Mindfulness
- Cool Australia factsheet – The Importance of Mindfulness for Young Children