Students identify questions of interest and find ways of obtaining information about energy. They present the information they have gathered into a paragraph and illustrate it or incorporate a photo.
- We need sources of energy such as electricity, petrol and gas. However, sometimes we waste energy.
- Using keywords in search engines will help find the information we seek online.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 3 English:
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to evaluate texts by drawing on a growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features (ACELY1680)
- Plan and deliver short presentations, providing some key details in logical sequence (ACELY1677)
Year 3 Science:
- Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships (ACSHE050)
Year 4 English:
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning to expand content knowledge, integrating and linking ideas and analysing and evaluating texts (ACELY1692)
- Plan, rehearse and deliver presentations incorporating learned content and taking into account the particular purposes and audiences (ACELY1689)
Year 4 Science:
- Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships (ACSHE061)
- Internet access
- Materials or computers to make a report.
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.