Students use this activity to draw conclusions about viable ways of reducing energy use at school and at home. They use their conclusions to create a class booklet, with each student contributing a page.
- Often we need to understand the problem, and then come to a conclusion so we can develop a solution. Reducing energy waste can be done by everyone.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 3 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts demonstrating increasing control over text structures and language features and selecting print,and multimodal elements appropriate to the audience and purpose (ACELY1682)
Year 3 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS060)
Year 4 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts containing key information and supporting details for a widening range of audiences, demonstrating increasing control over text structures and language features (ACELY1694)
Year 4 Science:
- Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS071)
Time required: 45 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Lead a brief discussion on energy saving ideas. Oversee creation of booklet.
- Art and writing materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.