Students apply what they have learnt to create a more energy efficient classroom by identifying behaviours and rules that help them manage their classroom.
- understand are able to control some aspects of their environment such as energy reductions.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 3 English:
- Use interaction skills, including active listening behaviours and communicate in a clear, coherent manner using a variety of everyday and learned vocabulary and appropriate tone, pace, pitch and volume (ACELY1792)
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to evaluate texts by drawing on a growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features (ACELY1680)
Year 4 English:
- Use interaction skills such as acknowledging another’s point of view and linking students’ response to the topic, using familiar and new vocabulary and a range of vocal effects such as tone, pace, pitch and volume to speak clearly and coherently (ACELY1688)
- Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning to expand content knowledge, integrating and linking ideas and analysing and evaluating texts (ACELY1692)
Syllabus Outcomes: EN2-1A, EN2-4A.
Time required: 75 mins.
- Art and writing materials
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.