Students will develop a vision of a future school ground with a focus on improving its biodiversity. They will identify what they still need to find out and where they can get assistance.
- be able to recreate ecosystems to increase the biodiversity in the school ground. Students describe their vision of what their school ground would be like with increased biodiversity.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 5 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audience (ACELY1704)
Year 5 Science:
- Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment (ACSSU043)
Year 6 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, choosing and experimenting with text structures, language features, images and digital resources appropriate to purpose and audience (ACELY1714)
Year 6 Science:
- The growth and survival of living things are affected by the physical conditions of their environment (ACSSU094)
Time required: 40 mins
Teacher input: Lead discussion, review students’ findings in this unit when it is relevant
- Whiteboard or smartboard
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.