Students produce a presentation for the appropriate school committee. The presentation shows what can be done to enhance the school grounds for biodiversity and at the same time improve it for students and teachers.
- use a presentation application to present their ideas. Students use well-organised, convincing arguments and support material to show an audience the value of their proposals.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian curriculum content descriptions:
Year 5 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audience (ACELY1704)
- Plan, rehearse and deliver presentations for defined audiences and purposes incorporating accurate and sequenced content and multimodal elements (ACELY1700)
Year 5 Science:
- Communicate ideas, explanations and processes in a variety of ways, including multi-modal texts (ACSIS093)
Year 6 English:
- Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, choosing and experimenting with text structures, language features, images and digital resources appropriate to purpose and audience (ACELY1714)
- Plan, rehearse and deliver presentations, selecting and sequencing appropriate content and multimodal elements for defined audiences and purposes, making appropriate choices for modality and emphasis (ACELY1710)
Year 6 Science:
- Communicate ideas, explanations and processes in a variety of ways, including multi-modal texts(ACSIS110)]
Time required: 60 – 90 mins plus presentation.
Teacher input: Help students review and refine their presentation.
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.