In this fun bingo game, students need to complete a full row on the bingo sheet to win. Students need to find other students who have participated in particular environmental sustainability actions that can then be checked off their sheet. Sustainability Bingo provides students with a long list of prompts that will help them to recall and associate a wide range of positive actions that lead to sustainability.
- identify actions for sustainability.
- connect with other class members.
- understand that some actions for sustainability are relatively simple while others require more effort.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Please note this activity can be adapted to many areas across the Australian Curriculum.
Year 7 & 8 Technology
- Examine and prioritise competing factors including social, ethical and sustainability considerations in the development of technologies and designed solutions to meet community needs for preferred futures (ACTDEK029)
Year 7 Science
- Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, but others are non-renewable (ACSSU116)
- Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and make predictions based on scientific knowledge (ACSIS124)
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS133)
Year 8 Science
- Science and technology contribute to finding solutions to a range of contemporary issues; these solutions may impact on other areas of society and involve ethical considerations (ACSHE135)
- Communicate ideas, findings and solutions to problems using scientific language and representations using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS148)
Year 9 Science
- People can use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they should accept claims, explanations or predictions (ACSHE160)
Year 10 Geography
- The human-induced environmental changes that challenge sustainability (ACHGK070)
Syllabus Outcomes: GE5-2, GE5-3, SC4-11PW, SC5-13ES, SC4-4WS, SC4-9WS, SC4-12ES, T4.1.2, T4.1.3, T4.4.1, T4.6.2.
Digital learning opportunities: Take advantage of the digital sharing capabilities of Cool Australia’s resources and share this student worksheet with your students. They can play bingo on their tablets or devices. This will save paper.
General capabilities: Ethical understanding.
- Worksheets for all students