Using any of The Arts, small groups of students develop a small communication project that explains how they will adapt to their energy future.
Learning goals for this activity include:
- Use one aspect of The Arts to communicate something of significance about their energy future.
- The future will require people to adapt to new circumstances.
- Enough is known about the future for individuals to make adaptation choices now.
- Communicate effectively with others.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 9 English:
- Create imaginative, informative and persuasive texts that present a point of view and advance or illustrate arguments, including texts that integrate visual, print and/or audio features (ACELY1746)
Year 10 English:
- Create sustained texts, including texts that combine specific digital or media content, for imaginative, informative, or persuasive purposes that reflect upon challenging and complex issues (ACELY1756)
Syllabus Outcomes: EN5-1A.
Indoor or outdoor activity: Indoor
Time required: 60 mins
Level of teacher scaffolding: Ask students to justify their choice from which aspect of The Arts they wish to use.
- Writing materials
- Computer and internet access to online student worksheet.
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.