Students work in small groups to identify as many water related issues as they can think of in 60 seconds. The small groups then collate their ideas to create a class list and add any additional issues they can recall. Students keep the class list to review at the close of the unit of work.
- develop their knowledge around water issues.
- relate water issues to the sustainable management of a renewable resource.
Lesson guides and printables
Australian Curriculum content descriptions:
Year 9 Science:
- People can use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they should accept claims, explanations or predictions (ACSHE160)
Year 9 English:
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate how different perspectives of issue, event, situation, individuals or groups are constructed to serve specific purposes in texts (ACELY1742)
Year 10 Science:
- People can use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they should accept claims, explanations or predictions (ACSHE194)
Year 10 English:
- Identify and analyse implicit or explicit values, beliefs and assumptions in texts and how these are influenced by purposes and likely audiences (ACELY1752)
- Writing materials
- Student worksheet
This is an original Cool.org lesson. Facts and figures in these lessons may have changed since this lesson was published. We always endeavour to update our resources in a timely manner, but if you see an error or issue in our resources please get in touch with us.