Students will participate in a series of games to explore and assess their skills and strengths. They will also attempt to recognise the skills and strengths of others and work in teams to complete challenges that require different skill sets. They will reflect on how they performed and identify areas for personal growth.
- learn how to develop their skills and strengths and recognise the skills and strengths of others.
- participate in a range of games and identify the skills involved
- assign tasks to themselves and their peers based on identified skills and strengths
- outline the importance of trying new things and stepping out of their comfort zone.
Lesson guides and printables
- Social skills
- Critical thinking
General Capabilities – Personal and Social Capability – Years 7 and 8 – Self-awareness:
- Evaluate strategies for developing personal qualities and describe how they assist achieving growth.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Target 4.7: By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
This lesson has been created in collaboration with LifeChanger Foundation to support teachers to deliver high-quality Health and Physical Education, as well as Social and Emotional Learning experiences.
LifeChanger’s facilitated programs and workshops aim to empower young people (Year 5-12) to live thriving, resilient lives. For more information, visit lifechanger.org.au.