Students will identify their skills and strengths and explore how these can be used to build a sense of purpose in life. They will deepen their understanding of how their skills and strengths can help overcome challenges and how each individual has unique gifts to share with others.
- understand that every person has unique skills and strengths that can be used in everyday life to overcome challenges and find purpose.
- describe how recognising personal skills and strengths can lead to a sense of purpose
- recognise their skills and strengths and apply them to challenging situations
- share their unique skills with their peers and recognise the value of asking for help.
Lesson guides and printables
- Social skills
Health and Physical Education – Years 7 and 8 – Personal, social and community health – Identities and change:
- Analyse and reflect on the influence of values and beliefs on the development of identities (AC9HP8P01).
General Capabilities – Personal and Social Capability – Years 7 and 8 – Self-awareness:
- Evaluate strategies for developing personal qualities and describe how they assist achieving growth.
Syllabus outcome: (PD4-1)
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Target 4.7: By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
This lesson has been created in collaboration with LifeChanger Foundation to support teachers to deliver high-quality Health and Physical Education, as well as Social and Emotional Learning experiences.
LifeChanger’s facilitated programs and workshops aim to empower young people (Year 5-12) to live thriving, resilient lives. For more information, visit lifechanger.org.au.