Students research the journey of a public figure to determine how challenge and failure helped them grow their skills and become successful in their pursuits. They will represent their findings by creating a poster and then assess how their own challenges could lead to skill development.
- explore how challenge and failure have helped successful public figures grow their skills.
- define what success means to them and how this understanding can help determine direction and purpose
- research the pathway of a public figure and develop a poster to demonstrate key learnings
- give examples of challenges they may face in the future and the skills they could learn from them.
Lesson guides and printables
- Social skills
- Digital literacy
Health and Physical Education – Years 7 and 8 – Personal, social and community health – Identities and change:
- Analyse and reflect on the influence of values and beliefs on the development of identities (AC9HP8P01).
General Capabilities – Personal and Social Capability – Years 7 and 8 – Self-awareness:
- Evaluate strategies for developing personal qualities and describe how they assist achieving growth.
Syllabus outcome: (PD4-1)
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Target 4.7: By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
This lesson has been created in collaboration with LifeChanger Foundation to support teachers to deliver high-quality Health and Physical Education, as well as Social and Emotional Learning experiences.
LifeChanger’s facilitated programs and workshops aim to empower young people (Year 5-12) to live thriving, resilient lives. For more information, visit lifechanger.org.au.