Students will learn a range of self-care practices and how they can be applied to help maintain their health and wellbeing. They will reflect on their strengths, support networks and preferred self-care practices to create a practical guide they can refer to on a regular basis.
- discover the importance of practising self-care and develop strategies to support their mental health and wellbeing.
- assess the effectiveness of self-care tools and identify the ones that work for them
- develop their own self-care guide with strategies to support their mental health and wellbeing
- create and action a self-care goal within 48 hours to demonstrate their commitment to prioritising self-care.
Lesson guides and printables
- Social Skills
Health and Physical Education – Years 7 and 8 – Personal, social and community health – Making healthy and safe choices:
- Refine protective behaviours and evaluate community resources to seek help for themselves and others (AC9HP8P08).
General Capabilities – Personal and Social Capability – Years 7 and 8 – Self-management:
- Manage emotional responses, designing strategies to self-manage in a range of contexts.
Syllabus outcome: (PD4-2)
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Target 4.7: By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
This lesson has been created in collaboration with LifeChanger Foundation to support teachers to deliver high-quality Health and Physical Education, as well as Social and Emotional Learning experiences.
LifeChanger’s facilitated programs and workshops aim to empower young people (Year 5-12) to live thriving, resilient lives. For more information, visit lifechanger.org.au.